Find out how to maintain your Clivus Multrum composting toilet.
As with batch system toilets, a daily handful of wood shavings, or similar, introduced via the pedestal, will provide enough carbon-rich material to maintain appropriate composting conditions.. Apart from this all that is required is to visually check the system from time to time to ensure everything is in order. Apart from this, all that is required is to occasionally level the pile with the rake.
Commercial and Public
For commercial and public use facilities Clivus Multrum™ Australia provides bespoke advice on suitable levels of care. A Clivus Multrum Service and Support Plan can also be put in place.
- Clean restroom & toilet fixtures using only biodegradable cleaners.
- Flush urinal piping (if applicable) using the biodegradable cleaner.
- Remove non-biodegradable for proper disposal in the trash.
- Check pile texture is moist and crumbly, not sodden or dry. If sodden, add additional bulking material and check drainage. If dry, add some liquid.
- Check pumps and drains (if applicable) to ensure proper operation and free flow.
- Level compost pile when pile reaches 20 - 30 cm from the base of the chute.
- Add compost enhancing bacteria if extreme usage has occurred or is expected.
- Check user instruction signs, replace as necessary to maximise user cooperation.
- Clean the vent system and remove any obstructions inside the ductwork.
- Service fan by cleaning and ensuring proper functioning.
- Clean the drain line by removing debris and flushing with clean water.
- Service pump and float switch (if applicable) by cleaning and ensuring proper functioning.
- Remove compost if necessary by removing enough to make room for new material.
Clivus Multrum Australia continues to offer quality backup and support for the life of the systems and with distributors around the country, prompt after-sales service and advice is assured. If you have any queries on the use or maintenance of your Clivus Multrum, please contact us.