An outline of how to look after an EcoLet™ is given below. This is to give you an idea of what is involved and to assist you in making a decision on the ideal waterless composting toilet solution for your needs. Our team are happy to discuss your specific requirements and associated maintenance needs in more detail, please contact us .
Daily or Weekly
- Add 1 cup of hummus mixture to toilet after every solid use.
- Clean toilet fixture using only biodegradable cleaners.
- Check liquid level in the tube on right hand side of system- if the liquid is evident in tube turn thermostat up one or two notches.
- Give compost pile a rake around with manual mixing rake.
Emptying of Tray
- Tray emptying times will vary depending on the actual usage of the system and the number of people utilising the toilet.
- If compost pile is at the same level as the top mixing arm inside your toilet this is a good time to empty the tray.
- Disconnect fluid indicator tube and pull tray out of toilet.
- Once tray has been emptied and waste disposed of (according to your local authority) replace tray and reconnect fluid indicator tube.
All our composting toilet solutions come with a detailed maintenance and service guide and troubleshooting FAQ. In addition, we offer quality backup and support for the life of the systems and with distributors around the country, prompt after-sales service and advice is assured. If you have any queries on the use or maintenance of you EcoLet™ please contact us.