Clivus Multrum provides domestic and commercial waterless composting toilets that are environmentally smart and cost-effective. Clivus Multrum’s range of composting toilets are Australian Standard approved, cost-effective and easy to maintain.
There’s a few things you will want to take into account when you’re installing a Clivus Multrum composting toilet.
Composting is the bio-chemical decomposition of organic matter by aerobic organisms, i.e., organisms which get oxygen from the atmosphere and give off carbon dioxide. Composting takes place in all soils which support plant and animal life.
A handful of wood shavings or similar thrown down the toilet per day will ensure the adequate amount of carbon-rich material that composting toilets need. Apart from this all that is required is to visually check the system from time to time to ensure everything is in order. Except where a system has been severely neglected over a long period of time, ranking of the composting pile is only necessary to occasionally level the pile.
Commercial and Public
For commercial and public use facilities Clivus Multrum Australia provides bespoke advice on suitable levels of care and a Clivus Multrum Service and Support Plan can also be put in place.
A high-level servicing guide is detailed below:
Daily or Weekly
- Clean restroom & toilet fixtures using only biodegradable cleaners.
- Flush urinal piping (if applicable) using biodegradable cleaner.
- Add bulking material via pedestals around 2 litres per 10 toilet uses.
- Remove non-biodegradable for proper disposal in the trash.
- Check pile texture is moist and crumbly, not sodden or dry. If sodden, add additional bulking material and check drainage. If dry, add some liquid.
- Check pumps and drains (if applicable) to ensure proper operation and free flow.
- Level compost pile when pile reaches 20 - 30 cm from the base of the chute.
- Add compost enhancing bacteria if extreme usage has occurred or is expected.
- Check user instruction signs, replace as necessary to maximise user co-operation.
- Clean vent system and remove any obstructions inside the ductwork.
- Service fan by cleaning and ensuring proper functioning.
- Clean drain line by removing debris and flushing with clean water.
- Service pump and float switch (if applicable) by cleaning and ensuring proper functioning.
- Remove compost if necessary by removing enough to make room for new material.
Clivus Multrum Australia continues to offer quality back up and supports for the life of the systems and with distributors around the country, prompt after sales service and advice is assured. If you have any queries on the use or maintenance of your Clivus Multrum please contact us.